Cedarkirk Video Contest:
Steps to Enter:
OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES FOURTEEN (14) YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER. NO PURCHASE, FEE, OR DONATION IS REQUIRED TO ENTER. ONLY ONE ENTRY (AS DEFINED BELOW) PER PERSON IS ALLOWED. INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED.
Contest Period and Sponsor:
1. The "CEDARKIRK CELEBRATING 40 YEARS OF CAMP MINISTRY VIDEO CONTEST" (the "Contest") begins at Noon (12:00:01 p.m.) Eastern Standard Time (EST) on April 15, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on July 31, 2011 (the "Contest Period"). Voting will begin as soon as submissions are placed online and will end at 11:59:59 p.m. on September 2, 2011.
2. The Contest is sponsored by Presbyterian Camp and Conference Ministries of Southwest Florida, INC, Cedarkirk ("Sponsor" or "Cedarkirk"), a Florida nonprofit corporation.
1. The Contest is open to residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia aged fourteen (14) years and older. The Contest is void where prohibited by law, or where the registration or filing requirements of any state or local jurisdiction have not been complied with.
2. Employees, officers, directors, and contractors of Sponsor, and their immediate families (spouse, siblings, parents, children and their respective spouses), along with household members of any such persons, are not eligible to enter or win this Contest. Only one entry per person is allowed.
3. No purchase, fee, or donation is required to enter the Contest.
1. Contest Prize: Prize descriptions and the approximate retail value ("ARV") of each are set forth below:
a. *ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A $500 credit at Cedarkirk towards any Cedarkirk experience for individual winner or church group.
b. *RUNNER-UP PRIZE: Day Retreat with lunch for up to 20 people (a $120 value).
How to Enter:
1. During the Contest Period, please visit http://www.cedarkirk.org/contest (the "Contest Website") and make certain you read and fully understand these Rules. Afterward, click on the "Submit Your Video" link and complete and submit all required Entry Form information. Post your video to the Cedarkirk Facebook page or email your video submission to email@example.com. The video title shall include the name of the church or group submitting the video plus the words “Cedarkirk Video” (ex. First Presbyterian Church of Lithia Youth Group Cedarkirk Video). If this procedure is correctly followed, and you meet the requirements described in paragraph 3 below, you will have completed an “Entry” and become an “Entrant”, and the video you submit will become a “Video Entry”.
2. All Entries must be completed and submitted no later than 11:59:59 p.m. EST on June 15, 2011, in order to be eligible for judging. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, stolen, garbled, unviewable, or undelivered Entries, or any Entries not received within the Contest Period.
3. Sponsor has the sole and absolute discretion to determine whether a submission qualifies as an Entry, or whether it is not accepted or disqualified. Submissions will be reviewed for conformity with these Rules before being accepted as Entries in the Contest. For the purposes of this Contest, "not accepted" shall be defined as an invalid submission that the potential Entrant must correct to be considered valid. By way of example, Sponsor may determine a submission is invalid if information is missing from the Entry Form. Incomplete Entry Forms will keep a submission from being accepted as an Entry, and must be fully completed and re-submitted by the submitting party to be eligible to win. For the purposes of this Contest, "disqualified" shall be defined as an Entry that fails to meet the Contest criteria described in these Rules. Disqualified Entries and their Entrants are not eligible to re-enter the Contest.
4. All Video Entries submitted in connection with the Contest must be posted to the Cedarkirk Facebook Page, and each Entrant must complete the online entry form at http://www.cedarkirk.org/contest (the "Contest Website"). An entry is not considered complete until the Entrant receives the Contest Entry Confirmation E-mail that will be sent upon completion of the online Entry Form and review by the Cedarkirk Staff.
5. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the name appearing on the Entry Form will be deemed to be the Entrant.
Video Entry Requirements:
1. By entering this Contest, Entrant agrees to comply with all of the terms and conditions of these Rules.
2. Entrant acknowledges and agrees to provide a copy of the submitted Video Entry upon request of Sponsor, and acknowledges that the video becomes the property of Sponsor upon submission and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering this Contest, Entrant agrees to waive any and all rights, including intellectual property rights, in or to his/her Video Entry.
3. Submitted Video Entries must be no greater than three (3) minutes in length.
4. Video Entries must be about Sponsor, and can be about the good work of Sponsor, camp experience in which Entrant has participated or of which Entrant is aware, or how the Entrant views Sponsor in a positive light. All Video Entries must be about the theme: “Cedarkirk: Celebrating 40 Years of Ministry.” The Mission Statement shall serve as a guide: “A place apart to build up the body of Christ in love.”
5. A Video Entry must be the sole, original work of the respective Entrant. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Video Entry’s content from any source. The Video Entry must not have been posted or screened on another website.
6. Entrant must have the permission of everyone appearing in his/her Video Entry to use his/her image or likeness in the Video Entry.
7. Any person who attempts to enter the Contest more than once will be disqualified.
8. Any Video Entry that contains the following materials will be disqualified:
a. obscene, lewd, profane, defamatory or inappropriate images or text, including nudity, acts of violence or acts that appear to cause harm;
b. any third-party materials, or any materials that violate or infringe (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo or other mark that identifies a brand, entity or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light);
c. clothing worn in the video displaying logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party materials; or
d. other material deemed objectionable or inappropriate by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion.
a. Passion for Sponsor, its mission, and its programs.
b. Creativity in which that passion is communicated.
c. Authenticity and originality.
Judging decisions are at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. By participating in this Contest, Entrants agree that the judging decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects.
1. Entrant acknowledges and agrees his/her Video Entry becomes the property of Sponsor upon request, and that Sponsor has the right (along with its representatives and agents) to edit, alter, modify, adapt, modify, reproduce, exhibit, publish, distribute, promote and otherwise use the Video Entry in any way Sponsor sees fit in connection with promoting Sponsor and the Contest in any medium, throughout the world, in perpetuity.
2. By entering this Contest, Entrant understands that his/her Video Entry may (in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion) be posted online for visitors to view. Sponsor reserves the right to determine which Video Entries will be posted to the Contest Website.
3. Entrant shall have no right to review or approve edits, adaptations, modifications, reproductions, exhibitions, publications, distributions, promotions, alterations or modifications to his/her Video Entry, and Entrant waives the benefit of any provision of law known as "moral rights".
4. Participation in Contest constitutes permission for Sponsor and Contest Parties to use Entrant’s Video Entry, name, city and state of residence, photograph, or any other likeness, including his/her voice, recorded or live, or testimonials, for purposes of Sponsor’s advertising, promotion, and public relations in any and all forms of media, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without further compensation, except where prohibited by law. All Entrants further agree to hold Sponsor and the Contest Parties harmless and without liability for any such publication, broadcast or use.
5. By submitting a Video Entry, Entrant represents: (a) that the Video Entry is Entrant’s original work that has not previously been published or publicly shown or won a prize or award; (b) that the Video Entry does not infringe, misappropriate or violate the rights of any third party; and (c) that Entrant has complied with all terms and conditions of these Rules, subject to Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion as to eligibility, and Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor harmless from and against any and all costs or damages incurred by Sponsor that result from Entrant’s non-compliance with these Rules.
6. Sponsor has no duty to pre-screen any of the Video Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for, and disclaims any and all liability for, the accuracy, completeness, applicability, appropriateness or legality of the Video Entries or anything said, depicted or written by Entrants, including without limitation any information obtained by using the Contest Website. This means that each Entrant, and not Sponsor or Contest Parties, is entirely responsible for his/her respective Video Entry. By participating in this Contest, each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Video Entries reflect the perspectives and opinions of the person submitting them only, and not Sponsor’s perspectives and opinions. Sponsor does not endorse any Video Entry or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and each Entrant agrees to waive, and hereby does waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies he/she has or may have against Sponsor or the Contest Parties with respect thereto.
7. PRIZE WINNERS AND ALL ENTRANTS, AS A CONDITION OF ENTRY INTO THE CONTEST, AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, HOLD HARMLESS AND RELEASE SPONSOR AND THE CONTEST PARTIES (THE "RELEASED PARTIES") FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS OR ACTIONS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER FOR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY INFRINGEMENT, INJURIES, DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH ARE OR MAY BE SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONDUCT, PROMOTION OR OUTCOME OF THE CONTEST; RECEIPT, OWNERSHIP, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL OR OTHER ERROR IN THESE RULES OR THE ANNOUNCEMENT OR OFFERING OF THE PRIZES; OR WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN OR TRAVELING TO AND/OR FROM ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR OTHERWISE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL SPONSOR OR THE CONTEST PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, A PRIZE WINNER IS NOT WAIVING OR RELEASING ANY RIGHT UNDER ANY APPLICABLE RULES OR REGULATIONS. PRIZE WINNERS AND THEIR GUESTS SHALL SIGN ANY AND ALL DOCUMENTS AND TAKE ANY AND ALL ACTIONS SPONSOR TYPICALLY REQUIRES IN CONNECTION WITH STUDY TOURS, VISITS, OR SIMILAR OR RELATED ACTIVITIES.
8. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions or other errors; telephone failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications, whether caused by the sender, by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest which may limit the ability to participate; incorrect or inaccurate Entry Form information; late, lost, misdirected or incomplete Entries; or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in this Contest.
9. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest or any portion thereof should a virus, bug, technical failure(s), malicious tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration or proper play of the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will award the Prizes in accordance with the judging procedures set forth herein from eligible Entries received prior to cancellation.
10. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify anyone found to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website, or to be acting in violation of these Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
11. Sponsor may modify and amend these Rules as they appear in print or online from time to time during the Contest Period for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or printing errors in the advertising of the Prizes included in the Contest or these Rules, the Contest Website, or other promotional materials.
12. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without regard for its conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in Tampa, Florida.